Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A video game in which the background scrolls past at a constant rate.
- ‘It's a perfect example of a great arcade side scroller.’
- ‘Instead of being a straightforward 2D side scroller, the player must utilize all directions in order to be successful.’
- ‘Actually they'll have a tougher time than you might think since apparently their army consists of bad guys from every side scroller ever made.’
- ‘Although it's a side scroller, the game engine is a 3D one.’
- ‘It's your basic side scroller and you can't really have too many side scrollers, can you?’
- ‘While the side scroller lives on and makes an occasional appearance in a console game, the future is platformers in vast 3D worlds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.