One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With a nearly unreadable signature (everyone knew his scribbly writing anyway), Jerry signed his name and anxiously took his seat at the back of the room, polishing his silver-painted tuba.’
- ‘At least, I assume that the scribbly zigzag line is Tony's signature and not something the bookshop asked one of their junior staff to forge.’
- ‘A scribbly pencil line cut through the clumps of paint or twisted around the perimeter.’
- ‘Drawn with a relaxed ink line, scribbly shading and a mix of watercolour and gouache, the book has the slightly muted and nostalgic tones of early comics and dated toy packaging.’
- ‘Technology and inspired creativity have taken the scribbly, animated style of that music video that everyone remembers and turned it into an innovative, impressionist art form for the silver screen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.