One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1vulgar slang Have many different sexual partners.
2informal Fool around.
- ‘Make up a story, screw around with it, needle the characters, make them say weird stuff, insert new people at inopportune moments and have fun.’
- ‘I was screwing around on the guitar, and I came up with this riff and the lyrics are very personal.’
- ‘The rest of the weekend was spent screwing around with my computer.’
- ‘I was looking forward to a nice relaxing evening of screwing around with some new software, but it was not to be.’
- ‘Through the years I always took an interest in pop music and I would listen to bands that really had a great melodic aesthetic, but really screwed around with it a little more.’
- ‘I would prefer to be criticised for new things, screwing around with new formats.’
- ‘I should just stop screwing around with the template, huh?’
- ‘I've done nothing but screw around all day, I haven't even transcribed any of my notes.’
- ‘Another fellow stays late, never screws around, but still gets less done.’
- ‘I don't even know, we just always screw around, and people think that's flirting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.