Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who writes a screenplay.
writer, man of letters, woman of letters, wordsmithView synonyms
- ‘He thinks that he was able to write this film because he's at a different time in his life than most screenwriters.’
- ‘It does this without ever becoming overly dramatic or sentimental - a trait that many of Hollywood's screenwriters would do well to note.’
- ‘The screenwriters stay close to the central relationship, without losing touch with the freedom of thought amongst the Mexican intelligentsia.’
- ‘Ask people to name a contemporary screenwriter and even some of the most ardent film buffs might be left scratching their heads.’
- ‘That doesn't explain older screenwriters who choose to write about the trials and tribulations of the young.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.