One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An image of the data displayed on the screen of a computer or mobile device.
- ‘As you can see from the above screenshot, the software does not even display the full name of the folder!’
- ‘In the meantime, though, we've provided a couple PC screenshots for your viewing pleasure.’
- ‘I had a quick glance at the screenshots on this program - it looks pretty good.’
- ‘Check out our media section for the first screenshots.’
- ‘In most chapters, there are very few code examples but lots of pretty screenshots of Web sites.’
- ‘From the screenshots, the program also has the same odd capitalization and language errors that the website has.’
- ‘Check this page for screenshots of the whole episode.’
- ‘Maybe someone will create a chronology of Google screenshots for their own website, to show its growth.’
- ‘There is a screenshot of the movie in widescreen on the back of the case!’
- ‘Divide your movie up into chapters with sensible names and thumbnail screenshots of the action.’
Take a screenshot of.‘the app notifies you if the recipient tries to screenshot the message’
- ‘I'd like to screenshot scrolling browser windows.’
- ‘I didn't think to screenshot the whole thing because I assumed they wouldn't just start deleting comments.’
- ‘They should make a clown out of themselves and someone should screenshot it.’
- ‘I wish I'd had presence of mind to screenshot at the time, since it was deleted not long after.’
- ‘I remembered my own impulse to screenshot a page from a set of ephemeral Google results, which can change at any time.’
- ‘Launch the application, bring the window you want to screenshot to the top of the front of your screen, and then press Ctrl + F11 on the keyboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.