Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An image of the data displayed on the screen of a computer or mobile device.
- ‘Divide your movie up into chapters with sensible names and thumbnail screenshots of the action.’
- ‘From the screenshots, the program also has the same odd capitalization and language errors that the website has.’
- ‘Check this page for screenshots of the whole episode.’
- ‘As you can see from the above screenshot, the software does not even display the full name of the folder!’
- ‘I had a quick glance at the screenshots on this program - it looks pretty good.’
- ‘Check out our media section for the first screenshots.’
- ‘In the meantime, though, we've provided a couple PC screenshots for your viewing pleasure.’
- ‘In most chapters, there are very few code examples but lots of pretty screenshots of Web sites.’
- ‘There is a screenshot of the movie in widescreen on the back of the case!’
- ‘Maybe someone will create a chronology of Google screenshots for their own website, to show its growth.’
Take a screenshot of.‘the app notifies you if the recipient tries to screenshot the message’
- ‘I remembered my own impulse to screenshot a page from a set of ephemeral Google results, which can change at any time.’
- ‘Launch the application, bring the window you want to screenshot to the top of the front of your screen, and then press Ctrl + F11 on the keyboard.’
- ‘I didn't think to screenshot the whole thing because I assumed they wouldn't just start deleting comments.’
- ‘I wish I'd had presence of mind to screenshot at the time, since it was deleted not long after.’
- ‘They should make a clown out of themselves and someone should screenshot it.’
- ‘I'd like to screenshot scrolling browser windows.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.