An animation or image that, after a set time, replaces an unchanging computer display.
- ‘Other times, the spyware is secretly hitched to another program that the user does want - often a free screen saver, game or peer-to-peer client.’
- ‘Password-protect your computer when the screen saver is active, so when you're away from your PC, your computer will be locked until you enter the password.’
- ‘This utility is a wonderful screen saver which shows your favorite nature pictures collections at the computer's idle time.’
- ‘He'd shown me the photo of his teenaged sons playing soccer that he used as a screen saver on his computer.’
- ‘When Scott dug his cell phone out of his pocket, ‘8 missed calls’ appeared on the screen after the screen saver disappeared.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.