One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A forward pass to a player protected by a screen of blockers.
- ‘It started with a bang - a 64-yard catch-and-run after a screen pass - but ended with him suffering a season-ending foot injury as he was tackled.’
- ‘One play seemed to crystallize the Pats' recent struggles when an attempted screen pass went through RB Kevin Faulk's hands.’
- ‘They threw a screen pass that looked like it would go for a touchdown.’
- ‘He saved a touchdown on a screen pass by catching Michael Pittman almost 70 yards downfield.’
- ‘The 49ers made big yards on a screen pass to the New Orleans' 2-yard line with 12 seconds left, but a pass interference penalty wiped out the gain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.