Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A frame of television or video footage that is digitized and stored as a still image for subsequent display, editing, or printing.‘a screen grab from Wednesday's episode’
- ‘This time the tip-off has come from an anonymous source who has sent in a screen grab.’
- ‘In the meantime, here are some screen grabs to celebrate the show's first decade.’
- ‘I watched the video again to get some screen grabs.’
- ‘Here's a screen grab of the page, since it's sure to be pulled soon.’
- ‘The best way to approximate this is to set a monitor at the appropriate screen size, expand the browser, and take a screen grab.’
- ‘However, the company logo and the contact details at the bottom seem to be taken from crude screen grabs.’
- ‘Sadly, my account hasn't been activated yet, so for this morning I was sent a document of screen grabs for what was supposed to be a 1 hour presentation.’
- ‘The majority of these posts consisted of screen grabs from the first four and a half decades of the show; it was something I used to really enjoy doing.’
- ‘I haven't checked my mail to see if anyone has named the movie from which I took these screen grabs.’
- ‘Somebody please get a screen grab of that before they take it down.’
- ‘If anyone has seen an amusing fake author posting on Amazon.co.uk get a screen grab and email me here.’
- ‘A TV screen grab shows Thierry Henry handling the ball during France's World Cup 2010 playoff match against the Republic of Ireland’
- ‘Screen grabs and extensive appendices illustrate these tutorials which are clearly presented, if a little poorly signposted.’
- ‘Mac OS X doesn't let you take screen grabs when you are running the DVD Player.’
- ‘I have a few reviews of Beetlejuice from various newspapers posted there, along with over thirty screen grabs from the DVD.’
- ‘Several TV networks and newspapers aired clips or printed screen grabs from the videos of her in July.’
- ‘The notes look great and are dotted with full-color screen grabs and the disc menus feature animated transitions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.