One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The first track opens abruptly with high volume screechy staccato guitars and some guy screaming his guts out.’
- ‘I thought the actor playing Evita was very good, but she got a bit screechy when she wanted to be loud or put a lot of emphasis on the lines.’
- ‘I heard Kim's screechy voice saying, ‘Who does she think she is anyway?’’
- ‘She was seen by some men, probably, as too pushy and too screechy.’
- ‘Your contributors are entitled to their opinions, but the political comments have recently taken on a screechy tone that leave me cold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.