One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All I remember is that it is Red Level C which I wrote down on a piece of paper in some scrawly, unrecognizable handwriting.’
- ‘Then he wrote out his name, the lettering a little scrawly and childish.’
- ‘He narrowed his eyes at me, and examined my scrawly sketches with a certain unease.’
- ‘‘It's my lucky stone,’ the scrawly note had said, ‘take care of it Papa, as it will you.’’
- ‘Brian had written, in large scrawly text on the back of his Army surplus coat, the word ‘Foetus.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.