One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘It's my lucky stone,’ the scrawly note had said, ‘take care of it Papa, as it will you.’’
- ‘All I remember is that it is Red Level C which I wrote down on a piece of paper in some scrawly, unrecognizable handwriting.’
- ‘Brian had written, in large scrawly text on the back of his Army surplus coat, the word ‘Foetus.’’
- ‘He narrowed his eyes at me, and examined my scrawly sketches with a certain unease.’
- ‘Then he wrote out his name, the lettering a little scrawly and childish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.