One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘That was the only time I'd ever seen him be really sorry about anything,’ I replied, clearing my throat trying to rid it of its scratchiness.’
- ‘For such people, smoking is a significant irritant, worsening the symptoms of scratchiness and stinging or burning of the eyes.’
- ‘I leaned through the window and kissed his cheek, feeling the familiar scratchiness of his whiskers.’
- ‘You can actually see the scratchiness in the lines, evidence of actual pens driven by real human hands in the creation of these drawings.’
- ‘It is not unusual for the average person to occasionally have symptoms of vocal fatigue: soreness or scratchiness in the throat, hoarseness, or weak or breathy speech.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.