One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘That was the only time I'd ever seen him be really sorry about anything,’ I replied, clearing my throat trying to rid it of its scratchiness.’
- ‘I leaned through the window and kissed his cheek, feeling the familiar scratchiness of his whiskers.’
- ‘For such people, smoking is a significant irritant, worsening the symptoms of scratchiness and stinging or burning of the eyes.’
- ‘It is not unusual for the average person to occasionally have symptoms of vocal fatigue: soreness or scratchiness in the throat, hoarseness, or weak or breathy speech.’
- ‘You can actually see the scratchiness in the lines, evidence of actual pens driven by real human hands in the creation of these drawings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.