One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An air of scrappiness hangs over the book; non-stop references to TV will make the book look so dated in five years.’
- ‘There's a scrappiness to the place that refined tastes might find disagreeable.’
- ‘They played with control and flair in the first half, while the second half was imbued with indiscipline and scrappiness.’
- ‘Their opening goal typified the game in its scrappiness, before it sparked into life after the leveller.’
- ‘If there had been collective culpability for that scrappiness, there were glints of individual excellence to raise the curtain on the second half.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.