One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If there had been collective culpability for that scrappiness, there were glints of individual excellence to raise the curtain on the second half.’
- ‘Their opening goal typified the game in its scrappiness, before it sparked into life after the leveller.’
- ‘They played with control and flair in the first half, while the second half was imbued with indiscipline and scrappiness.’
- ‘An air of scrappiness hangs over the book; non-stop references to TV will make the book look so dated in five years.’
- ‘There's a scrappiness to the place that refined tastes might find disagreeable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.