One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's no doubt the Aussies are better scrappers than most of the other teams and that's seen them in good stead so far.’
- ‘He is an outsider, an arriviste, and a rags-to-riches political scrapper.’
- ‘While boxing is still widely regarded as a sport fit only for males, 16-year-old scrapper Dominique, from Oldham, is out to prove women can also be a knockout in the ring.’
- ‘The Democratic Party is seen as soft and welfare friendly to small town scrappers who feel they've had to fight for all they had.’
- ‘You respected him as an unbelievable scrapper with a never-say-die ferocity to play every match as if it was his last.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.