A tool or device used for scraping, especially for removing dirt, paint, ice, or other unwanted matter from a surface.
- ‘Apply the solution to the brick; allow it to soften paint; and remove with scraper and stiff bristle brush.’
- ‘Use a paint scraper initially to remove the majority of the finish.’
- ‘Since the site was extremely wet, lime was trucked in to help solidify the ground, enabling the fleet of scrapers to remove the required amount of dirt.’
- ‘Cells were removed with a cell scraper for further analysis.’
- ‘If you haven't already cut it up, it makes a great scraper to remove frost from your car windscreen on freezing mornings!’