One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tool or device used for scraping, especially for removing dirt, paint, ice, or other unwanted matter from a surface.
- ‘If you haven't already cut it up, it makes a great scraper to remove frost from your car windscreen on freezing mornings!’
- ‘Use a paint scraper initially to remove the majority of the finish.’
- ‘Cells were removed with a cell scraper for further analysis.’
- ‘Apply the solution to the brick; allow it to soften paint; and remove with scraper and stiff bristle brush.’
- ‘Since the site was extremely wet, lime was trucked in to help solidify the ground, enabling the fleet of scrapers to remove the required amount of dirt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.