One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Zambia's highly rated scrabbler Paul Kalumba added yet another title to his name when he bagged the Celtel Open championship.’
- ‘He beat three other scrabblers to settle for 35th position after five wins and a -330 spread.’
- ‘The association is also appealing to well-wishers to contribute towards the tournament, which is expected to be attended by scrabblers from 6 countries.’
- ‘Unfortunately, grown-up ‘scrabblers’ will have to stay home with their dictionaries and boards, since this competition is open to only students.’
- ‘He appealed to scrabblers in other parts of Zambia to get in touch with the national mother body if they are to be included in next year's Africa championships.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.