One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fast armored vehicle used for military reconnaissance and liaison.
- ‘The scout car's armor would stop bullets from weapons the guerillas had ammunition for, like machine guns and assault rifles.’
- ‘The BRDM four-wheel-drive amphibious scout car first appeared in the spring of 1959 and rapidly became the standard light wheeled reconnaissance vehicle in most of the Warsaw Pact armies.’
- ‘Early during World War II, mechanized cavalry was primarily motorized with jeeps and only light scout cars and halftracks.’
- ‘Starting light with Jeeps and armored scout cars, cavalry quickly evolved into heavier forces with armored cars, light tanks, and assault guns.’
- ‘He was one of the four man crew of a wireless scout car providing air support for front line troops by relaying messages between Infantry and Army HQ.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.