One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lin said the bamboo leaves are first scrubbed with a scourer to make them soft.’
- ‘Clean the fish scales off the handle with a plastic pot scourer.’
- ‘They hadn't a clue about the right products and materials for the job - one lummox had even ruined a stainless steel cooker by attacking it with a steel scourer.’
- ‘In the case of plastral staining by tannin and other deposits, the plastron was scrubbed with a stainless steel scourer to allow visibility of the plastral figure.’
- ‘Bicarb is a great gentle scourer and natural odour absorber.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.