One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Transparent adhesive tape.
- ‘Do you have a tabloid sized newspaper, some Scotch tape, string, scissors and an appreciation of simple joys?’
- ‘The scenes on the board are typed up and then ‘literally cut apart with scissors’ and then ‘married’ together with Scotch tape in the order of the complete script.’
- ‘Carefully secure the edges with a hot-glue gun (don't bother with Scotch tape - it won't hold!’
- ‘You can take a sample from a surface with some Scotch tape and send it off to a lab to see if it's mold.’
- ‘She took a roll of Scotch tape out of her bag and retrieved some pictures from her new binder to hang on her locker door.’
- ‘Another method is to apply wide Scotch tape across the label, rub thoroughly with a solid, flat object, then pull the tape off & trim the edges.’
- ‘It makes me feel old - which is an okay thing to be - except that I still have Scotch tape holding my lampshade together.’
- ‘Currently sprawled out all over the thick carpet of Gabby and Rebecca's room were rolls of Christmas wrapping paper, multiple pairs of scissors, and several rolls of Scotch tape.’
- ‘Next, I placed the glass on top of the liner and taped it to the liner using Scotch tape.’
- ‘I slid the photograph inside and sealed it shut with Scotch tape.’
with object and adverbial Stick with transparent adhesive tape.
- ‘There were paper chains hung from the window-frames, construction paper shamrocks Scotch-taped to the glass.’
- ‘We're not newcomers, he says, referencing a smaller hand-lettered sign that was, until recently, Scotch-taped in the bookstore window.’
- ‘I recognized most of them from the snapshots of the ensemble during their many previous nights at Linda's, which were Scotch-taped neatly onto a long mirror across from the bar.’
- ‘The original artwork has been replaced with a magazine clipping Scotch-taped over the top.’
- ‘Someone had sloppily Scotch-taped a Council of Canadians flag next to his seat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.