One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard-boiled egg enclosed in sausage meat, rolled in breadcrumbs, and fried.
- ‘He is doing a roaring trade in excellent meat pies, a range of scrumptious sausages and the most authentic Scotch eggs we have tried, Scotland included.’
- ‘Tarquin tucks into the final Scotch egg with a deep sigh, and lies back contentedly on the rug as the drizzle begins to fall.’
- ‘I don't really miss any English food when I'm in Los Angeles, apart from maybe a nice Scotch egg down my local pub.’
- ‘I had a couple of glasses of sparkling mineral water and a few mini Scotch eggs, and pretended to be interested in what was going on.’
- ‘More traditional grub, such as a cheese and onion pasty or Scotch egg, follows in the evening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.