One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A runner's position on second or third base, from which scoring on a base hit is likely.
- ‘But New York stranded seven runners and didn't have a runner in scoring position after the third inning.’
- ‘When the Cubs have trouble scoring runs, Baylor likes to get runners into scoring position, where a single can score two.’
- ‘First, we needed to hit with runners in scoring position and second, be aggressive on the bases.’
- ‘Sandberg then stole second, putting two runners in scoring position.’
- ‘When he hits with runners in scoring position, he positions himself to cover the corner of the plate so he can flip an outside pitch to left field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.