Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A runner's position on second or third base, from which scoring on a base hit is likely.
- ‘First, we needed to hit with runners in scoring position and second, be aggressive on the bases.’
- ‘When he hits with runners in scoring position, he positions himself to cover the corner of the plate so he can flip an outside pitch to left field.’
- ‘When the Cubs have trouble scoring runs, Baylor likes to get runners into scoring position, where a single can score two.’
- ‘Sandberg then stole second, putting two runners in scoring position.’
- ‘But New York stranded seven runners and didn't have a runner in scoring position after the third inning.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.