One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deeply curved wide neckline on a garment.
- ‘I was wearing cowboy boots, jeans and a black velvet bodysuit with a scoop neck and a pushup bra to show off my cleavage (I was much skinnier).’
- ‘She felt distinctly out of place with her formal burgundy scoop-neck sweater and black miniskirt in this grungy place.’
- ‘This time I wore a dark red dress, with a scoop neck cut and a pink bow around the waist.’
- ‘It had long sleeves that slightly flared and over the dress she wore a slight scoop neck cloak.’
- ‘A coordinating women's style with a scoop neck is also available.’
- ‘The women's version, in sizes S - 2XL, is a polynosic ottoman knit tee with solid binding along the scoop neck opening.’
- ‘The dress had a low scoop neck and hugged my torso and hips, but flared out gently and stopped at about mid-shin, where my boots met the hemline.’
- ‘Her scoop neck blouse revealed her long, stringy neck.’
- ‘Cam was wearing a baby pink tank top with a scoop neck, and a pair of black pants, with a black choker, and a black shrug over her shoulders.’
- ‘It was dark blue and a scoop neck with a cute heart necklace and heart earrings to match it.’
- ‘In the swinging Sixties, tees came out in tie-and-dye designs, as well as in screen prints, and there were novel variants like tank tops, muscle shirts, scoop necks and V-necks.’
- ‘I find an empty seat and remove my coat, feeling self-conscious in my red scoop-neck.’
- ‘She had chosen a white scoop neck t-shirt with ‘Lucky’ on the front in huge bright pink letters, pale pink jeans, and matching pink sneakers.’
- ‘I was holding up a pale pink one with slightly puffed sleeves and a scoop neck bodice.’
- ‘From her ebony wardrobe she took dark denim jeans with a slight flare around the ankles and a jade T-shirt with a scoop neck and a black flower's image climbing up the side.’
- ‘It has a scoop neck, hemmed sleeves, topstitched shoulders, and an even hem bottom.’
- ‘She was dressed very simply, in a brown scoop-neck top and browny-grey flat-fronted trousers, sporting a chunky diamond-encrusted cross and chain.’
- ‘Women can choose from crew necks, scoop neck, one shoulder shirts, and many other styles.’
- ‘She had, of course, hemmed the skirt, made it a scoop neck, and added slits up the sides of the skirt.’
- ‘It features a mini check pattern with short sleeves, a scoop neck, and it comes in charcoal, moss, stone, navy, salmon, sage, and butter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.