One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All experiments were conducted between June and July 2002 on 1-year-old leaves of P. laurocerasus (a broad-leaved sclerophyllous evergreen).’
- ‘At higher elevations in the tropical alpine belt, sclerophyllous shrubs, tussock grasses, cushion plants, and giant rosette plants with marked scleromorphic features are the dominant life forms.’
- ‘Common box is a sclerophyllous evergreen species that forms small trees or shrubs.’
- ‘The latter zone refers to the sclerophyllous vegetation designated as Macchia.’
- ‘It is a large, evergreen, sclerophyllous, leguminous tree of slow growth, great longevity and an extended flowering period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.