One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chronic hardening and contraction of the skin and connective tissue, either locally or throughout the body.
- ‘People with this disorder have signs and symptoms of three diseases - lupus, scleroderma and polymyositis.’
- ‘Avoid face-lifts if you have lupus or scleroderma - autoimmune diseases - which affect your face.’
- ‘Rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, and scleroderma are thought to be autoimmune diseases.’
- ‘Diseases as disparate as scleroderma, cystic fibrosis, kyphoscoliosis, sleep apnea, and sickle cell disease were found to have shared consequences in the pulmonary circulation.’
- ‘She died on June 8, 2004, after a long and painful battle against scleroderma, a chronic disease of the immune system, connective tissue and blood vessels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.