Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A chronic hardening and contraction of the skin and connective tissue, either locally or throughout the body.
- ‘Rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, and scleroderma are thought to be autoimmune diseases.’
- ‘People with this disorder have signs and symptoms of three diseases - lupus, scleroderma and polymyositis.’
- ‘She died on June 8, 2004, after a long and painful battle against scleroderma, a chronic disease of the immune system, connective tissue and blood vessels.’
- ‘Diseases as disparate as scleroderma, cystic fibrosis, kyphoscoliosis, sleep apnea, and sickle cell disease were found to have shared consequences in the pulmonary circulation.’
- ‘Avoid face-lifts if you have lupus or scleroderma - autoimmune diseases - which affect your face.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.