One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chronic hardening and contraction of the skin and connective tissue, either locally or throughout the body.
- ‘Avoid face-lifts if you have lupus or scleroderma - autoimmune diseases - which affect your face.’
- ‘Diseases as disparate as scleroderma, cystic fibrosis, kyphoscoliosis, sleep apnea, and sickle cell disease were found to have shared consequences in the pulmonary circulation.’
- ‘She died on June 8, 2004, after a long and painful battle against scleroderma, a chronic disease of the immune system, connective tissue and blood vessels.’
- ‘People with this disorder have signs and symptoms of three diseases - lupus, scleroderma and polymyositis.’
- ‘Rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, and scleroderma are thought to be autoimmune diseases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.