One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for detecting and recording scintillations, especially in order to measure ionizing radiation.
- ‘In this circumstance, scintillation counters are used.’
- ‘The radiation emitted is detected by a scintillation counter (a gamma camera, invented in 1961) and the image recorded.’
- ‘The column effluent was collected, scintillation fluid added, and radioactivity determined in a liquid scintillation counter.’
- ‘Both breath samples were analysed in a liquid scintillation counter for 5 min.’
- ‘It would require an extremely sensitive scintillation counter to pick up any radiation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.