One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some of the recollections are bland while others are scintillatingly naughty.’
- ‘She was expected to smile gracefully, look scintillatingly beautiful, glitter and glow for each of those three days and nights.’
- ‘Her speech is at once ominous and scintillatingly seductive.’
- ‘Not to get too far off-topic, but I am uncomfortable with the idea that any boring and/or trivial old rubbish can be made scintillatingly interesting by exposure to the fierce force of the critic's personality.’
- ‘Those who are fans of great barnstorming piano works will most definitely warm to this disc which is expertly annotated and scintillatingly interpreted from first note to last.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.