One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Not to get too far off-topic, but I am uncomfortable with the idea that any boring and/or trivial old rubbish can be made scintillatingly interesting by exposure to the fierce force of the critic's personality.’
- ‘She was expected to smile gracefully, look scintillatingly beautiful, glitter and glow for each of those three days and nights.’
- ‘Some of the recollections are bland while others are scintillatingly naughty.’
- ‘Those who are fans of great barnstorming piano works will most definitely warm to this disc which is expertly annotated and scintillatingly interpreted from first note to last.’
- ‘Her speech is at once ominous and scintillatingly seductive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.