One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fiction based on imagined future scientific or technological advances and major social or environmental changes, frequently portraying space or time travel and life on other planets.
myth, legend, fable, fairy tale, romanceView synonyms
- ‘However, in science fiction it has frequently referred to the viewing apparatus itself.’
- ‘While I shy away from science fiction entirely, fantasy shall always be in my heart.’
- ‘Surprisingly for a writer who has claimed not to be a fan of the genre, he chose science fiction.’
- ‘It engages in a fantastical speculation about what the future might hold, as any good science fiction does.’
- ‘Much more popular are genres such as crime and adventure, romance, horror, and science fiction.’
- ‘This very modern thriller has all the elements of science fiction combined with a racy thriller.’
- ‘The motif of alien beings peopling our planet is a very common one in science fiction.’
- ‘Especially when a science fiction director decides to find science fiction in reality, something's wrong.’
- ‘It turns out that the line between science and science fiction is even more blurry that we thought.’
- ‘Other themes that arise out of basic science fiction are the elaborate medical thrillers.’
- ‘Fantastic machinery has continued to fire the imagination, notably in science fiction.’
- ‘More than any other literary form, science fiction always courts obsolescence.’
- ‘It reminded me just how inaccurate science fiction and futurism inevitably are.’
- ‘Certainly you can find that kind of metaphor in a Western, or in a romance, or in science fiction.’
- ‘He has composed for a variety of genres but science fiction, horror and fantasy stories dominate his filmography.’
- ‘Now we get into the romance part for a while and forget science fiction for now.’
- ‘Call me stuck in a genre, but most of what I read is science fiction and fantasy.’
- ‘It's not as if trips into ‘near space’ like this are the stuff of science fiction.’
- ‘It begins with a premise that is well worn and recognizable within the genre of science fiction.’
- ‘As Dwight got older his love for science fiction took a backseat to his love for space exploration.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.