A straight downhill run on skis.
- ‘Hunks of ice studding the Cascade concrete make my first turns feel like a schuss down a staircase.’
- ‘The most accessible east side road, Two Medicine attracts those out for a long schuss.’
- ‘The mountain throws you a steep, narrow challenge almost immediately, followed by a long, inviting schuss.’
- ‘I still have a scar from my own hopeful schuss during my innocent early days.’
Make a straight downhill run on skis.
- ‘I really think some people go on skiing holidays to perform in a fashion show, and they do very little traversing, or schussing down the mountain.’
- ‘Its lightness belies its warmth; the shell sheathes two layers of insulation, whose thinness and elasticity allow for greater freedom of movement when schussing down the slopes.’
- ‘So schuss at Libra-ruled Gay Ski Week in New Zealand in early September, happening in appropriately named Queenstown.’
- ‘After a long day schussing through powder, you can book a deep-tissue or sports massage at the on-site spa.’
- ‘Whether you're seriously schussing or simply styling, your success on the slopes will be determined by clothing that is functional, stylish, and comfortable.’
1930s: from German Schuss, literally shot.