One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A geographical unit for the local administration of schools.
- ‘In other words, would not there be differences in many different school districts to reflect the curriculum?’
- ‘In 16 years I have lived in 2 states, 4 houses and gone to school in 3 different school districts.’
- ‘He also needs to put the brakes on the state's budget-busting aid to local school districts, spiraling up at two to three times the rate of inflation.’
- ‘It provides many of the services mentioned above to children with disabilities through local school districts.’
- ‘States and local school districts also bear a huge financial burden.’
- ‘For each enrolled homeschooler, the public school district receives state and federal public tax money.’
- ‘The trick for educators and school districts will be making teaching so rewarding that the newcomers stick around when more lucrative jobs beckon once again.’
- ‘They're used chiefly for the purposes of ranking schools and school districts.’
- ‘The federal school lunch program provides school districts with just $2 for a free lunch for the poorest children.’
- ‘Schools or school districts contract to use the database, which is then aligned to each state's individual requirements.’
- ‘She has also partnered with her local school district to bring health information to students and teachers.’
- ‘So urge your local school district to remove this pothead's ramblings from the curriculum.’
- ‘Banks can abide by federal community reinvestment rules by buying small bond issues from local school districts, so they tend to gobble up the entire series.’
- ‘Finally, we examine how local schools and school districts have addressed violence and disruption in their buildings and communities.’
- ‘For example, a child might switch out of a core school into a neighboring school district.’
- ‘Vending machines and company logos are positioned around the schools, and school districts often get a higher payback if the students drink more.’
- ‘To be sure, some school districts and individual schools see standards like these as a call to action.’
- ‘No significant differences existed between urban and rural school districts or between urban and suburban school districts.’
- ‘Mainstream students are those who attend public schools within a school district.’
- ‘The largest employers in this community are two major universities, the local school district, and the community hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.