One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A day on which classes are held in a primary or secondary school.
- ‘An exclusion should normally begin on the next school day.’
- ‘The appeal panel must let all parties know its decision by the end of the second school day after the appeal hearing.’
- ‘And 79 percent say that they are in such activities both on school days and on weekends.’
- ‘She crawled out of her warm bed knowing that today was going to be a rather slow school day.’
- ‘It was a Tuesday, which meant that it would be a regular school day for him.’
- ‘She'd then be out the door seconds after the bell rang to end the school day.’
- ‘Allow a half hour or so to relax, grab a snack and unwind after your hectic school day.’
- ‘The next school day Sarah noticed that Steve was in most of her classes, except for choir.’
- ‘Looking at her clock she found that the class was almost over, and with it the school day.’
- ‘Because of their symptomatology the majority of individuals with asthma experience a significant number of missed work or school days.’
- ‘I would've skipped the whole school day if I kept going with this chapter.’
- ‘Class went by, as usual, and soon the school day was over.’
- ‘On any given school day, teen-agers across the nation stumble out of bed and prepare for the day.’
- ‘You can't go to sleep at two in the morning and live through a whole school day.’
- ‘She had on a purple shirt, blue jeans, and white shoes: the normal attire for common school day.’
- ‘Figure out which foods affect you, and avoid them on school days.’
- ‘Parents were asked to maintain a log regarding the number of children's missed school days and the use of medical services postoperatively.’
- ‘I got up and stood in front of the mirror while starting to fix my hair for the new school day.’
- ‘Sit down with a pencil and paper, and list everything you do on a typical school day, breaking it down hour by hour.’
- ‘He turned on his heel and headed for his first class, deciding to wait until the school day started in there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.