One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by or exhibiting symptoms of both schizophrenia and a mood disorder such as bipolar disorder or depression.‘schizo-affective disorder’‘she was diagnosed as schizo-affective’
- ‘He told me I was schizo-affective manic-depressive and would never get better.’
- ‘She suffers from schizo-affective disorder with episodes of depression and paranoid psychosis (persecutory delusions and illusions), in the past resulting in suicide attempts as well as bulimia nervosa and eczema.’
- ‘Around this time, medications, diagnosis and understanding of mental illnesses like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and schizo-affective disorder was improving.’
- ‘And I'm confident that it's not schizo-affective because I've always done it.’
- ‘I concur with the frequently cited diagnosis of schizo-affective disorder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.