Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for bilharzia (the disease)
- ‘Malnutrition and tropical diseases such as malaria, schistosomiasis, and sleeping sickness are widespread.’
- ‘Other common diseases include schistosomiasis, sleeping sickness, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, and pneumonia.’
- ‘Other common diseases include schistosomiasis, meningitis, tuberculosis, pneumonia, and HIV / AIDS.’
- ‘Water-related diseases cause 80 percent of all the world's sicknesses, in the forms of hepatitis A, malaria, diarrhea, dysentery and schistosomiasis.’
- ‘Advances in this area, especially against malaria and schistosomiasis, are not yet conclusive, but give cause for more optimism than before.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.