- another term for bilharzia (the disease)
- ‘Malnutrition and tropical diseases such as malaria, schistosomiasis, and sleeping sickness are widespread.’
- ‘Other common diseases include schistosomiasis, sleeping sickness, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, and pneumonia.’
- ‘Other common diseases include schistosomiasis, meningitis, tuberculosis, pneumonia, and HIV / AIDS.’
- ‘Water-related diseases cause 80 percent of all the world's sicknesses, in the forms of hepatitis A, malaria, diarrhea, dysentery and schistosomiasis.’
- ‘Advances in this area, especially against malaria and schistosomiasis, are not yet conclusive, but give cause for more optimism than before.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.