One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of metamorphic rock) having a laminar structure like that of schist.
- ‘With increasing content of white mica the fabric changes from massive to schistose.’
- ‘The metamorphic grains are composed of 100% quartz except for a small number with schistose textures that contain aligned mica.’
- ‘Southwards along section towards the Sach Pass, the leucogranites gradually decrease in abundance and the pelitic rocks becomes more schistose.’
- ‘The amphibolite is mostly medium grained, rather schistose and has a characteristic reddish hue on weathered surfaces.’
- ‘Also observed, but far less common, are fine-grained silver, pink, or pale red schistose varieties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.