One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of metamorphic rock) having a laminar structure like that of schist.
- ‘The amphibolite is mostly medium grained, rather schistose and has a characteristic reddish hue on weathered surfaces.’
- ‘With increasing content of white mica the fabric changes from massive to schistose.’
- ‘The metamorphic grains are composed of 100% quartz except for a small number with schistose textures that contain aligned mica.’
- ‘Also observed, but far less common, are fine-grained silver, pink, or pale red schistose varieties.’
- ‘Southwards along section towards the Sach Pass, the leucogranites gradually decrease in abundance and the pelitic rocks becomes more schistose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.