Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for phagocyte
- ‘Microglia are believed to be the scavenger cells of the central nervous system.’
- ‘This began to expand the concept of an alveolar macrophage to be more than just a phagocyte or scavenger cell and recognized it as an immune effecter cell.’
- ‘The dying cell is finally phagocytosed by scavenger cells.’
- ‘What's more, both SARS and the cat virus propagate by latching onto antibodies and then infecting scavenger cells that normally destroy germs.’
- ‘Comparison of cultures with plaque tissue and these scavenger cells, with and without the antibodies, elegantly confirmed this mechanism of amyloid plaque dissolution.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.