One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The angle through which a scattered particle or beam is deflected.
- ‘The objective accepts light according to its numerical aperture, determining what scattering angles are collected.’
- ‘In theory, the scattering angles lead to nanoscale still pictures, while the energy loss data tell researchers how the pictures change with time.’
- ‘Due to a lack of data at small scattering angles, the authors could not unambiguously identify the morphologies.’
- ‘Notably, similar distributions were observed at several scattering angles, which strengthens the validity of the interpretation.’
- ‘The scattering intensity grew severalfold at the forward angles over time, exhibiting rather monotonic dependencies within the studied range of the scattering angles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.