Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for scatter diagram
- ‘The program was also used to create bivariate scattergrams and density contour plots of the various parameters.’
- ‘The intron size distributions were plotted as scattergrams with density ellipses for selected pairwise gene comparisons.’
- ‘Antigen expression as assessed by fluorescence intensity was depicted on multiple dual-parameter scattergrams.’
- ‘This two-dimensional scattergram explains 96.2% of the variation, and the significant portion is already explained by horizontal axis 1.’
- ‘The cells within the gated region can also be colorized and back-gated to previous scattergrams.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.