Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a person) disorganized and lacking in concentration.
absent-minded, forgetful, with a mind like a sieve, disorganized, unsystematicView synonyms
- ‘If anyone has noticed, my posts have been rather scatterbrained recently.’
- ‘Anyway, my boss was a scatterbrained but really sweet woman - at first.’
- ‘I was the most absent minded, scatterbrained barista you've ever met.’
- ‘With an enormous dollop of assistance, I've transformed my own scatterbrained attempt at a curriculum vitae into something a little more presentable.’
- ‘I'll try to remember to email you when I update, but I can be really scatterbrained, and I might forget!’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.