Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for throw rug
rug, runner, carpet, druggetView synonyms
- ‘Unless they're attached firmly to the floor, remove all scatter rugs from your home.’
- ‘Natural fabric scatter rugs over waxed reclaimed timber floors and organic paints combined with natural ventilation promise a healthy interior air quality.’
- ‘Think wooden floors, scatter rugs, sprawling sofas and soft, slightly faded drapes and covers and you've got the idea.’
- ‘Smaller scatter rugs can be ideal for adorning smaller spaces - a hearth, a bedside, the area in front of a kitchen sink - with a splash of color and warmth.’
- ‘Wear proper footwear, avoid scatter rugs and extension cords, and light stairs adequately to insure safety in the home.’
scatter rug/ˈskadər rəɡ/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.