One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for throw rug
rug, runner, carpet, druggetView synonyms
- ‘Wear proper footwear, avoid scatter rugs and extension cords, and light stairs adequately to insure safety in the home.’
- ‘Smaller scatter rugs can be ideal for adorning smaller spaces - a hearth, a bedside, the area in front of a kitchen sink - with a splash of color and warmth.’
- ‘Think wooden floors, scatter rugs, sprawling sofas and soft, slightly faded drapes and covers and you've got the idea.’
- ‘Natural fabric scatter rugs over waxed reclaimed timber floors and organic paints combined with natural ventilation promise a healthy interior air quality.’
- ‘Unless they're attached firmly to the floor, remove all scatter rugs from your home.’
scatter rug/ˈskadər rəɡ/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.