One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This film is a master class in suggesting scariness when there isn't anything actually scary going on.’
- ‘I didn't believe in the Argyle Monster, but that was the opposite of comforting, because I believed even more in the scariness of the woods in general.’
- ‘In the weeks since, as we've told the story to a succession of friends and relatives, it has shed scariness and taken on humor.’
- ‘In a fit of madness I decided to try it out for myself and I can vouch for its scariness.’
- ‘I watched it during the day which destroyed most of its scariness, but I can see how it would have scared me, had I watched late at night on my own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.