One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cute little boy came outside again, followed by a scarved woman who must have been his mother.’
- ‘Many of the men wore white skullcaps and long white robes, and the women were either scarved and covered or in the full abaya, a black nunlike garb.’
- ‘I am surrounded by scarved ladies, old and young, who are crossing themselves frantically ad lib.’
- ‘I live in a city in the US where it is common to see such scarved women on the bus and in the market and on the street, yet I have never seen any such incidents of harassment.’
- ‘The scarved women and stocky, strong men appeared to emerge from a different era.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.