One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘New moves will be made this weekend by divers armed with sonar scarers used on fish farms to return him to the wild.’
- ‘When you have half a dozen or so, drill a hole close to the edge in each disk, thread them with tarred-twine and tie them to a bamboo cane - they make excellent bird scarers.’
- ‘Sound devices are loud and disturb people in the area, however, so take your neighbors' proximity into consideration when choosing an acoustical scarer.’
- ‘She has high hopes but I'm concerned that it will clash somehow with the ultrasonic cat scarer that's still going strong out in the garden on a stick.’
- ‘I thought I disguised my disappointment pretty well as I invited him to kneel down and take a look but he had rather gone off the boil by then and seemed more interested in throwing snowballs at the cat scarer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.