One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The eiresione and the first-fruit sacrifice are typical signs of seasonal renewal: the first signs of coming prosperity after the scarceness of the winter period.’
- ‘When the colonists arrived, they, too, were sustained by maple syrup due to the scarceness of white sugar.’
- ‘Munificence relates to the scarceness of environment resources that support firm growth in a given industry.’
- ‘Parenthetically, note that the rarity of the examples here presented does not imply the scarceness of the custom.’
- ‘This last component supposedly arose in response to the scarceness of Arabic speakers in America's armed forces and intelligence organizations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.