One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pangolin
- ‘In contrast with the Xenarthra, the Old World Pholidota is not trophically diverse and contains only the myrmecophagous pangolins, or scaly anteaters.’
- ‘Alternatively they may climb trees in search of tree ants, as do the pangolins or scaly anteaters of the genus Manis.’
- ‘Visiting the sanctuary's Operations Centre, we learn about programs to protect other indigenous species, such as sea turtles and scaly anteaters.’
- ‘Analysis of these fossils showed the ancient creature to be a small mammal, possibly distantly related to the modern scaly anteater known as the pangolin.’
- ‘Their operation, which could easily have caused outbreaks of foot-and-mouth disease as well as salmonella infections, saw protected Tantalus monkeys and giant scaly anteaters offered as part of a menu of jungle dishes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.