One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reduced in size or extent.‘a scaled-down version of the plan’‘scaled-down furniture’
- ‘The film is not one of his epic ensemble pieces, but rather a scaled-down, sharply-drawn character study within a meticulously observed society.’
- ‘Garden tractors are scaled-down versions of farm tractors, with 12 to 20 horsepower engines and 38- to 60-inch mowing decks.’
- ‘In this year's scaled-down show, only works by the winner will be exhibited.’
- ‘Instead of three meals a day, try eating five or six scaled-down versions.’
- ‘In the past, the Birmingham show was little more than a scaled-down version of its huge Continental cousins.’
- ‘A scaled-down version of that ambition plan is still in the testing phase.’
- ‘Scaled-down adult objects are often the best toys for kids.’
- ‘Sometimes called floral or border spades, they're simply scaled-down versions of the garden spade.’
- ‘The idea of giving out a million toys quickly proved overwhelming, but a scaled-down vision soon took shape.’
- ‘The openers will be performing a scaled-down acoustic set.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.