One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But now the popular scaffolder has had it all shaved off - to raise almost £1, 000 for Naomi House children's hospice, after his friend's young child died of a rare genetic condition.’
- ‘However now we have got the scaffolding up it seems sensible and more economical to do all the work at once rather than pay builders and scaffolders again next year and the year after.’
- ‘Quite often, when there is an event in London, a contract may ask scaffolders to take work down and put it back up after the event, but we have not heard of anything like this before.’
- ‘But many of the scaffolders are very experienced and have worked on oil rigs and platform construction.’
- ‘In some cases insurers have closed ranks and blacklisted entire sectors - scaffolders, demolition firms and roofing companies, for example, are finding it virtually impossible to renew cover at any price.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.