One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What someone from one culture is thinking may not be fully sayable in the language of another culture.’
- ‘Though it opens and closes with the starkness of words on a page, or in part because it does, the film focuses the viewer on that which is not said, not sayable.’
- ‘I have said that stories try to say what isn't sayable.’
- ‘The challenge of translating the richness and complexity of Aeschylus's language into a poetically charged but sayable English that was still faithful to the original Greek did indeed distract me from the pain that I was living through.’
- ‘She pushes the limits of what is sayable, pushes the limits of language, and with them, the limits of law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.