One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small palm with fan-shaped leaves that have sharply toothed stalks, native to the southeastern US.
- ‘The Native Americans in Florida first used berries from the saw palmetto in the early 1700s to treat testicular atrophy, erectile dysfunction, and prostate gland swelling or inflammation.’
- ‘For years, berries of the saw palmetto plant have been used to treat bladder and prostate conditions.’
- ‘The under story is characteristically open, with large expanses of white sand interspersed with the oaks and saw palmetto.’
- ‘The saw palmetto is a short palm tree indigenous to the Southeastern United States, where Native Americans used its berries to treat urinary problems.’
- ‘Primary vegetation shielding the nest was dwarf live oak and saw palmetto.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.