One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small North and Central American owl with a call that resembles the sound of a saw blade being sharpened.
- ‘In the northern saw-whet owl the female may reach 150% of her non-breeding body mass while egg-laying!’
- ‘Various factors are likely to contribute to migration patterns of saw-whet owls.’
- ‘The next day Amber and I had our owl prowl so mom and Terri got to watch the class and come out with us as we took the class to see a northern saw-whet owl.’
- ‘This saw whet owl was injured when a strong wind pushed it into the side of a high-rise building.’
- ‘The Boreal Owl is most likely to be confused with the Northern Saw-whet Owl but lacks brown in the face, has a pale bill, has a dark border to the face and darker brown upperparts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.