One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘De Vries cut in from the left inside the penalty box, Freddy Dindeleux slipped going into the challenge, but even then the striker's shot was eminently saveable.’
- ‘The store has closed for good with the loss of nine jobs - despite staff having been reassured the chain was saveable.’
- ‘Firefighters have to triage homes in a burning neighborhood to decide which homes are savable and which ones aren't.’
- ‘"We can't give false hopes and promises but, of course the club is saveable."’
- ‘The jury is out on whether the tooth is savable, but it was cracked right up to the root.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.