One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chef who prepares sauces.
cook, cordon bleu cook, food preparerView synonyms
- ‘The kitchen was staffed with a full-time pastry chef, baker, entremetier, grill cook, garde-manger, saucier, and sous-chef.’
- ‘From Spain, I went back to Daniel and was saucier there for a year and a half.’
- ‘The sauciers worked on a continuous flat electric burner the size of my kitchen counter.’
- ‘It is unusual to find a good saucier who is also an able patissier.’
- ‘He considers himself a good cook, saying, ‘In another life, I would be a saucier.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.