One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of fat containing a high proportion of fatty acid molecules without double bonds, considered to be less healthy in the diet than unsaturated fat.‘skimmed milk has only a trace of saturated fat’‘foods high in saturated fats’
- ‘Reduce the fat in your diet, particularly saturated fat.’
- ‘The nutritional factor with the greatest effect on blood cholesterol levels is dietary saturated fat.’
- ‘Consumption of products such as soy milk also rose as consumers sought ways of reducing levels of saturated fat and cholesterol in their diets.’
- ‘The resulting animal yields beef cuts lower in saturated fat, satisfying many health-conscious consumers.’
- ‘He avoids carbs but hasn't added any saturated fats and cholesterol.’
- ‘For 4 weeks, the men ate a high-fat diet: 38 percent fat, 20 percent of which was saturated fat.’
- ‘Unsaturated fats - including the oil from nuts - are far preferable to saturated fats.’
- ‘You think you're eating a healthful diet because you've limited your consumption of artery-clogging saturated fat.’
- ‘Their study found that most theatres popped corn in coconut oil, which contains 86 per cent saturated fat, the kind that raises cholesterol.’
- ‘Avoiding tobacco and excessive caffeine, alcohol, saturated fats, dairy products and refined sugars helps maintain your body's filtering system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.