One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of fat containing a high proportion of fatty acid molecules without double bonds, considered to be less healthy in the diet than unsaturated fat.‘skimmed milk has only a trace of saturated fat’‘foods high in saturated fats’
- ‘Avoiding tobacco and excessive caffeine, alcohol, saturated fats, dairy products and refined sugars helps maintain your body's filtering system.’
- ‘Consumption of products such as soy milk also rose as consumers sought ways of reducing levels of saturated fat and cholesterol in their diets.’
- ‘He avoids carbs but hasn't added any saturated fats and cholesterol.’
- ‘Unsaturated fats - including the oil from nuts - are far preferable to saturated fats.’
- ‘Their study found that most theatres popped corn in coconut oil, which contains 86 per cent saturated fat, the kind that raises cholesterol.’
- ‘Reduce the fat in your diet, particularly saturated fat.’
- ‘The nutritional factor with the greatest effect on blood cholesterol levels is dietary saturated fat.’
- ‘You think you're eating a healthful diet because you've limited your consumption of artery-clogging saturated fat.’
- ‘For 4 weeks, the men ate a high-fat diet: 38 percent fat, 20 percent of which was saturated fat.’
- ‘The resulting animal yields beef cuts lower in saturated fat, satisfying many health-conscious consumers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.